Monday, February 29, 2016

Sweet earrings....20c a pair...20 seconds to make...


 So you think you don't have time to DIY gifts, or that you're just not that crafty?

These darling little earrings are perfect for you! Of course they're perfect for the more accomplished DIYer too.

The slogan 'believe' can mean anything the wearer wants it to mean. It can be spiritual, motivational, confidence building or sheer fantasy. It knows no boundaries. And it's very 'in' at the moment, and believe me (no pun intended), that is half the battle in gifting DIY so that it's well received.

I whipped up 25 pairs of these in 30 minutes today. Each pair cost a teeny .20c to make, and that includes the pretty pink and silver organza presentation bag!

Note too, that similar 'believe' earrings, sell on Etsy for between $10 and $50, so there's no frugal cringe in gifting these little pretties!


I bought my 'Believe charms' here

The earring wires came from China. I bought them on eBay.

  

And the gorgeous little presentation bags, were from here.

As always, the wait for these little trinkets from the Asia Pacific region, seems to take forever. But eventually they do arrive, and I've never yet known them not to live up to expectation.

Slide the little charms on the the wires, and that's it. That really truly is it. Pop into the pretty bags, and you have 25 gifts, that look like you've spent far more, for next to nothing, and in next to no time!


 These would suit Mums, Mothers-in-Law, Sisters, Daughters, Friends, Friends of the Mums, Mothers-in-Law, Sister and Daughters...lol...anyone really. I'm wearing a pair right now.

Go...get started...it's surely somebody's birthday soon!

...Mimi...

14 comments:

  1. I have ordered some charms and will share them with my daughter, Mimi. I thought at first that you had stamped them yourself but you said they only took 20 seconds to make so I thought that was a bit strange until I realised you bought them. I have done stamping and believe me, it does take some time to line all the letters up and try and stamp them in a straight line. They do look very nice I must say and I think my daughter will make a few gifts with them for her friends. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mimi, those are lovely. Love the pretty pink bags. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, my friend! I love how inexpensive this idea is and yet the earrings look incredibly rich and elegant.

    Wishing you a delightful week! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those earrings are very pretty, Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mimi:
    Those are darling! Sounds like a great project many could do! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely, Mimi! And the pretty bags really elevate the gift.

    In case it might help others I'll mention that I've had good success sourcing charms from Etsy here in the US. Hobby Lobby carries sterling silver chains and regularly runs 40% off coupons on the store web site if one should want to make a necklace. Blessings, Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I may have to make some of these for the women in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for gift giving and I love that they are so easy to make and look really expensive!
    Thanks for joining and sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so sweet! Love this! Thanks so much for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx