Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Elegant Bloke....

 
I just had to share this post on a funny, sort of twee blog that has some great little nuggets of wisdom on it....
 
 
A light hearted dig at the 'gentleman', and well worth a read....as is the rest of the blog on which it appears.
 
I've always been of the opinion that clothes truly do maketh the man. A well dressed man is something to sigh over. Mainly because they're a bit thin on the ground if you ask me!
 
My own bloke, bless him, is of the surf shirt and baggy shorts brigade, and no amount of begging and pleading on my part will change him. His idea of dressing up is wearing a shirt with a collar.
 
He makes up for it in other ways though, so all is not lost.
 
For example, he always smells lovely. Sometimes just of Johnsons Baby Powder, but most often of Eau Savage....swoon....
 
He always says please and thankyou for the most mundane things. We've been together nearly twenty years and he still thanks me for making him a cup of tea or passing the salt.
 
He works hard to give The Diva and I the life of which he believes we are worthy, and cannot resist an opportunity to spoil us.
 
So yes, there's more to the Elegant bloke than just his clothes.
 
But have a peek at that list anyway.
 
Happy reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx